In accordance with the Protection of personal information Act of South Africa – Effective 1 July 2021
NOTIFICATION ON THE NECESSARY PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Your personal information has to be processed for the purposes of processing your attendance at the this Congress organised by RK Communication, and all associates activities, such as invoicing; programme dissemination and updates or changes thereto; health and safety information; travel, accommodation and similar logistics; if you are a speaker, arrangements relating to your speaking slot.
By opting-in you agree that RK Communication (regular medical Congress organiser) may contact you before, during and after a congress or related event to inform you of its activities, projects and future events.
Please select YES on your congress registration or send YES via this e-mail in order to receive our communication
If you answer no on your congress registration form you will not receive future invitations to congresses, but as part of the necessary processing of information for attending the relevant congress RK Communication will process your personal information in order to complete your registration for the event. Please e-mail NO via e-mail in order to opt-out of future congress invitations. email@example.com
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE POPI ACT:
You have the right, at any time to:
1. Notification that includes:
1.1. when personal information is being collected,
1.2. the type of information collected,
1.3. for what purpose,
1.4. whether the information is to be supplied voluntarily or is collected mandatory, and
1.5. whether the information would be transferred to a third country and the protections afforded there;
2. Notification if there has been unlawful access or acquisition of your personal information;
3. Request a record of their Personal Information;
4. Request the *correction, *deletion and/or *destruction of your personal Information;
5. Object to the processing of Personal Information;
6. Exercise the right to withdraw the consent to processing, if voluntarily given (i.e. if not required by a law);
7. Not be subjected to unsolicited electronic communication and/or marketing, unless you are a customer of the entity with whom you have a sales or service record, or you have consented to the communication and you had an opportunity to object to the communication;
8. Not to be subjected to automated decision-making based on the personal information in contravention of section 71, POPI Act, i.e. where information is used to for example decline benefits or services automatically;
9. Submit a complaint to the Information Regulator; and
10. Institute civil proceedings regarding an alleged interference with his/her/its personal information in terms of section 99, POPI Act.
*Any correction, deletion and or destruction will not be possible if: – the law requires (longer) retention, prohibits deletion or destruction, or – it results in the inability of a contracting party to fulfil their rights and obligations, or- it results in the unintended termination of an Agreement.
Notification of access will also not be given in instances where it would detract from legal processes or the likes.
For any queries or concerns, please contact our Information Office:
Heyns du Preez
Tel: 051 436 7733
Deputy Information Officer:
Tel: 051 436 7733
Tel 051 436 7733 ® 083 265 0 265